Some people support us, some think we are crazy...but Saudi Arabia will now be called "home" by the Haynies.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Evening at the branch

Over here mutual is held every other Sunday at our little meeting house.  Literally it is a 3 bedroom 2 bath that has been nicely modified to accommodate our needs.  Last night we had an AP sponsored activity whereby we watched last April's conference.   For most of those in attendance, this was their first time viewing it.  The night before last we down loaded the session on the computer, and with the aid of my projector we viewed it in uptown theatre style.

You know how it is a standard line by the brethren when they say that these sessions are broadcasted around the world and viewed by members in all corners of the vineyard in very unique settings.  Well it hasn't been since I was in Peru that I've thought much about that statement, but boy did it hit home last night. 

Here I am in the middle of Saudi Arabia, among a faithful few listening to inspired messages.  It really has brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "Where there are 2 or more gathered... "

Things are starting to come together slowly, I now have DSL and with it our vonage phone too.  Calling our home number will now automatically send you directly to KSA.  Please remember that SA is currently 9 hours ahead of MT - I hope that we won't have too many 2am calls here.

Time is getting closer for when the family should arrive - I'm really looking forward to seeing them.  With a little luck Alex will be here sooner, and with a little more luck Makena will be able to travel with the family- This depends on me receiving my igama (residence card) - maybe this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment