Some people support us, some think we are crazy...but Saudi Arabia will now be called "home" by the Haynies.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Capitalism Saudi Style

David and I went for a quick trip into Rahima to run some errands.  My main goal was to buy some more Dahl and loaves of the indescribably delicious bread.  Unfortunately, both stores decided to close for the day.  Normally in Rahima, the city will open up early and go till afternoon prayer.  Then close until 4pm and then stay open late - but these guys must have felt like they needed a longer break.  So, I then went around the corner to a shoe store to pick up some cheap sandals.  I found a pair I liked, they let me try on the left one, but after pulling out half their inventory stored under the shelves they couldn't find the right one.  I finally settled on a different pair and felt very lucky that they had both shoes!

The big victory is that our family has been skyping, this has been a big help to both hear their voices and see faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment