Some people support us, some think we are crazy...but Saudi Arabia will now be called "home" by the Haynies.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Round two in the barber's chair

It's been three weeks since I sat in the barber's chair and my hair was growing out a little bit funky.  The sides of my head were taking on the look of a cheap clown wig so I figured it was time to take action. 

8:30 am sharp I walked in to the barber shop and the friendly Pakistani with the hair trigger finger went to work on me.  As he was sculpting another follicle master piece I glanced at his menu of services and came across something called "Threading". 

Unfortunately I made the cardinal sin of asking him what threading is - because around here what you say and what they hear are two different things.  Before I knew it, Rufi had strung him self up with 3 lengths of bright read 30 weight stren and proceeded to inflict the most painful assault on my ears since Barry Manilow's copa cabana fiasco in the early 80's. 

The idea is that through gyrations and manipulations of the strings (which are placed on the fleshy regions of the ear) all those harmless, docile and fussy strands of hair are RIPPED away unmercifully.
All I could think about was what happened to the current laws prohibiting advanced interrogation techniques???

As the tears rolled down my cheeks, I was reminded of my early years as my dad bulldogged me into Brad's barber shop kicking and screaming the whole way.  At least back then I got a sucker, all I got today was an $8 fee and two ears that felt like they been slapped by the neighborhood bully.

They rest of my Thursday went fine. I bought/built a work station for the front room, went shopping and bought some more Dahl, round bread, Lebanese takeout, grapes from the produce shop and imported spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Only 10 more days before the gang shows up - they can't get here soon enough.  Looks like Makena and Alex will be on the same plane too.

Church is sparse, now mainly just MP showing up due to many wives and kids leaving for summer vacation. 

All is well here, thanks for checking in and I wish you the best!

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed out loud reading about the threading..... wish I could have been there :) It was good to talk with you, and to you on Gchat. Love you!

    ReplyDelete